About Patty Smith
Dedicated to our Community
In 2008, Smith was recognized with the Volunteer of the Year award from the city of Aurora.
- Director, Indian Prairie Education Foundation
- Commissioner, City of Aurora Public Relations Commission
- Board member and parent advocate, Gigi’s Playhouse Fox Valley
- PTA President Waubonsie Valley High School, Granger Middle School, Steck Elementary School, Indian Prairie Pre School
- Chairman, Western Suburb National Association for Down SyndromeReligions Education Teacher, Our Lady of Mercy
- Work with local stake holders, like our schools, townships, and counties, to help put together economic development packages to attract businesses.
- Push for infrastructure improvements to help draw businesses to our area.
- Work with Invest Aurora to help create the Science and Technology Corridor.
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY & TRANSPARENCY
- Maintain a balanced budget and no new taxes.
- Creation of an easily searchable checkbook for the city, so you can to see exactly where your money was spent
- Establish a Ward 8 Finance Advisory Committee to help determine how Ward Funds are spent in Ward 8.
- Expand communication to the Ward by, Quarterly Stand-Alone Newsletter
- Weekly Coffees with Constituents
- Quarterly Ward Community Meetings and creation of the Advisory Board.
“My office will always be open to the residents of the 8th Ward. We will tackle the issues facing Aurora together. If elected, I promise to be Your voice at City Hall.”
— Patty Smith